I’m seeing a new therapist to help me get through some creative blocks that I’ve struggled with all of my life. I’m really tired of feeling creatively pent up and then feeling even more like shit when I try to do something creative. So here I am, trying to do something about it finally.
I’m not going to share all of this journey as a lot of it is personal. However, the treatment plan that we worked on today were largely creative goals for the next year. As I’m going to be sharing the results of these goals publicly anyway, I thought I’d share the goals themselves too. Then I can also use my blog to record my therapy progress so that I can report back.
So here are my goals for the next year:
1st goal: Produce 5 videos of different types over the next year
- Step 1: Decide and Define what I want to create – 2 weeks
- Step 2: Write outlines for different videos – 1.5 months
- Step 3: Film 1 one video a month after outlines are written – 5 months
- Step 4: Edit 1 video a month after filming – 5 months
2nd Goal: Design a single piece of music for use in videos
- Step 1: Plan out criteria for success for this piece of music – 1 month
- Step 2: Learn some typical steps of music production – 2 months
- Step 3: Produce the piece of music – 9 months
3rd Goal: Design and Illustrate Logo and Intro Screen for videos
- Step 1: Define success criteria – 1 month
- Step 2: Design and Illustrate logo – 3 months
- Step 3: Design and illustrate intro screen – 8 months
- Step 4 (Bonus edition): Basic animation?
Wish me luck!
2 Replies to “Personal Goals for 2023”